This was a close hard fought encounter played in Wet and Windy Conditions at Kilcummin on Saturday Evening.
Laune -Rangers had the best possible start AS A Blistering shot was brilliantly saved by Brendan Kealy and deflected away and following a goal Mouth Melee the ball broke to Rangers corner forward Ryan Lucey who sneaked it to the net in the 2nd Minute.

Peter Crowley cut through the kilcummin defence Twice and was fouled which resulted in 2 Tap over Frees for Mike F RUSSELL and when Shane Mc Sweeney added a point (P) Rangers were comfortably ahead at 15 minutes 1-3 TO Nil.
Kilcummin fought back well and held Rangers scoreless for the second Quarter adding 6 points from D J Fleming (2P) (1F) Gary o leary (2P) and Ian Devane (1P) but it took 2 further Kealy saves To avert Danger as Rangers introduced Liam Hasset To the game To leave the sides level at the interval Laune-Rangers 1-3 Kilcummin 0-6.

Second Half.
Shane McSweeney kilcummin pointed (p) which was cancelled out by a Mike F Russell point (f) To level the game again at 35 minutes. The game Heated up considerably at this stage as both sides sought Advantage with Kilcummin introducing Kevin McSweeney and John and Kevin McCarthy while Laune-Rangers introduced Jerry Coffey who made an immediate impact pushing Rangers ahead with a point (p) with good inter play with M. .F Rrussell and Pay Joy in the 50th minute.

The exchanges were Tough and uncompromising at this stage with every score hard earned and the sides were still locked together at 55 minutes when Kilcummins Jamie o Sullivan and Gary o Leary combined To put Kevin McCarthy Through for a point(p). Johnny Carey who was strong in the Rangers defence linked up with Centre Half back Jeremy o Leary for the latter to point from play in the 56th minute and when Crowley and Russell combined to feed Shane McSweeney for a second point (p) it was Advantage Rangers as minutes Remained.

Kilcummin fought back Admirably and had the Rangers defence under some pressure as Ian Devane Kilcummin added a fine point in the 60th minute to leave the minimum between the sides.As we entered injury Time Kilcummin were still on The Attack and earned a 45 and up stepped Brendan Kealy who lofted into the Rangers GOAL AREA to be cleared by the Rangers Defence to the Sound of Referee Ger Lynches Whistle and celebrations for LAUNE-RANGERS 1-7 TO 0-9.


Scroll to Top